Skip to main content

Scraps of Love

Hello!  I have a tag art project to share with you today.  I think this would be a perfect gift tag for a wedding or anniversary present.



Last week I made a greeting card with two beautiful Prima background papers and a page of mini sentiments.  If you missed the card, you can see it here.  To make the card background, I tore the sheets of 6x6 paper into strips.  I had several of these paper strips leftover when the card was done, as well as several other little pieces of paper cut from the paper pad.



What do you do with scraps?  Throw them out?  No, that doesn't work for me with large pieces.  Keep them?  Sure, but where? Better just to use them!  The small squares were trimmed off the greeting card background and were only lightly glued together so I pulled most of them apart.  I started with the largest pieces and used a glue stick to adhere them to a Prima Watercolor Tag.



Then I filled in some of the white space with the little square scraps.



I like texture on my mixed media pieces so I used some punchinella as a stencil and sponged some pearly Prima paint onto the tag in three places.



I really like the green Prima paint.  It's a gorgeous deep, rich color and can be very striking.  I stirred the little pot with a toothpick and thought, "Why not?!"  So I added stripes of paint to the background with the toothpick instead of a paintbrush.  Because the paint was pretty thick in a couple of spots, I let it dry overnight just to be sure it wouldn't smudge.



I know Prima is known for their beautiful flowers, but I think the flowers in this design from their paper pad are just as pretty!  I cut out the white "daisies" and shaped them with a stylus and an old mouse pad to give them a little curve.



Some of these flowers were printed on the edge of the paper so they have flat petals.  I inked these flat edges the same color as the inked edges on the paper scraps and tag itself so that they would be part of the framing effect.




All of the Young Lovers collage sheets at Altered Pages feature historical romance, and I chose one that is just a couple sharing a moment.  But the image wasn't large enough when I printed out the entire collage.  That's okay, these are digital images!  I saved this image as a file and printed it 3x5 and it is perfect.



More of the cut out flowers and sentiments were added to the tag and I glued mini Dew Drops into the center of each flower.



A few fibers tied to the top and the tag is complete.  Leave a comment and let me know what you think.  You'll also be entered into a drawing for a prize!




PRODUCTS USED:

Prima Life Time Collection 6x6 Paper Pad
Young Lovers III Collage Sheet

Prima Watercolor Tags
Punchinella
Dew Drops
Prima Art Alchemy Acrylic Paints
Basic Cardmaking Supplies: ScissorsGlue Stick
Ink for edges





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q