Skip to main content

Bits & Bobs for the Holidays!

Christmas is only 36 days away!
OMG! 
Can you believe it! As usual, I am behind! The project I am sharing today is just one of MANY I have in mind before the big day!
For these little Spool Angels, I used various bits & bobs from Altered Pages & my extensive stash of such things.
Inspired by Pinterest
I covered the large spool with some Glitz Joyeux Noel paper & then hammered in nails onto the top edge. Then I added beads & charms to some chain that hangs from the nails. Then I cut out the Angel from the Ivory Angels collage sheet & adhered her to a broken pencil I hot glued into the center of the spool.
There's a Religious Saint Medal in there too!
For this angel, I painted the spool white & then covered it with the Music Washi Tape before embellishing it with tinsel trim & a vintage rhinestone button. I used some French book pages to give this girl wings.
the last Angel sits atop a different spool with tinsel trim & ribbon with a paper button in the middle.
On all three Angels, I used the fabulous Wink of Stella to add some glitter to the various gold parts on the images. LOVE that pen!! (the angels are attached to a broken pencil sticking up through the spools.)
Lastly, I made some ornaments too…
Here, I wrapped a small spool with tinsel (the loose kind), trimmed it up & then added the pom-pom trim. Then I threaded a silver tinsel pipe cleaner thru the opening in the spool & hung a Saint Medal Charm on the end.

To see more pictures & the rest of the spools, visit my blog, 
Thanks for stopping by today & don't forget to enter our Elf Challenge this month! You can find all the details HERE.

Cheers!
AP Supplies used:

Other:
Vintage trims & buttons
Beads & p
Chain
Charms
Nails
Other spools
Tinsel, trim & pipe cleaners
Pencils

Comments

  1. Becky, this is so my kind of thing! LOVE IT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had it in the back of my mind, that I want to do something with old family photographs of some of the women in my family . . . turn them into some kind of a Christmas family tree. You have inspired me :)
    I love your spools.
    Keep Smiling,
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I happened by your blog! I think this is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these pieces are just gorgeous Becky, I would so love to come and rummage through your bits and bobs......lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! Becky these are AMAZING!! And the photography WOW YOU ROCKED THIS GF!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just gorgeous! I love spool art and you really rocked them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Your pretty pretty work :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q